What is a WordPress Plugin?
A WordPress plugin is a package of additional code that you can upload to your website to add new features, functionality or integrations.
- Plugins can be added via the Plugins menu in your WordPress dashboard.
- Using the built-in search function, you can find a free plugin available on the WordPress.org Plugin directory.
- Plugins can also be packaged as zip files that you upload through the Plugins menu uploader in your WordPress dashboard.
WordPress Plugin Tutorials
Here are two video tutorials on WordPress plugins:
- What are WordPress Plugins? – WordPress plugins are bits of software that can be uploaded to extend and expand the functionality of your WordPress site. In this tutorial, we cover the basics of WordPress plugins.
- Installing WordPress Plugins – Installing WordPress plugins on your site is a simple process. Learn how in this video.
Must-Have WordPress Plugins for All WordPress Sites
All WordPress websites will benefit from these must-have WordPress plugins.
- WordPress backup plugin – WordPress doesn’t have a built-in backup function, so having a WordPress backup solution in place will save you a ton of headaches should you lose any data on your website. Having a backup plan is also crucial to mitigate a security breach or hack. BackupBuddy is the original WordPress backup plugin to backup, restore or even move your website to a new host or domain.
- WordPress security plugin – A WordPress security plugin such as iThemes Security works to fix common security holes and harden your website against attacks.
- WordPress SEO plugin – A WordPress SEO plugin like Yoast SEO can help you add additional SEO (Search Engine Optimization) features and functionality.
- WordPress form plugin – Add robust forms to your website such as contact forms, surveys, upload files, accept donations and more with a form builder plugin like Ninja Forms.
- WordPress e-commerce plugin – If you want to sell goods or services on your website through an online store, a WordPress e-commerce plugin such as WooCommerce is a must-have.
An other important thing on wordpress is WordPress theme.